Cafe Rio Salad Dressing?

My life might be complete. Okay minus that I'm not that great walking in heels yet. 
But I just found a post of how to make my favorite tex mex salad in the whole of the earth - Cafe Rio's Salad. Here's the link to recipes for the pork barbacoa, special rice, and flavorful beans, but mostly importantly - the creamy tomatillo dressing. Here's a link to the recipes, and I'll include the recipes for the dressing.

cafe rio creamy cilantro tomatillo salad dressing

1 package dry hidden valley ranch salad dressing
1 cup mayo
1/2 bunch cilantro
1 large clove garlic
3 small-medium tomatillos, husk off [like tomatoes but green and has a husk on it]
1/3 cup buttermilk
juice of 1 lime
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (or 1 small jalapeno) - optional

place all ingredients in a blender + blend until smooth. chill in fridge at least 1 hour before serving, then it will thicken.

2 comments:

Becky at VintageMixer | May 3, 2009 at 3:51 PM

All of my dreams have just come true. Thank you!

becca | May 4, 2009 at 12:50 PM

Oh nooo! More temptation is not what my body needs right now...but thanks for sharing!