Green Smoothie Recipe: Kale and Apple Goodness

With Asher out of town last week, I ate/drank a LOT of green smoothies. My goal was two a day. Somehow I talked myself into eating ranch dip and chips for dinner, twice! And Oreos and milk too. Very very naughty. But when I did eat green smoothies, this was my new favorite:

Kale and Apple smoothie, adapted from Real Simple
several kale leaves, to fill the blender to full
1 cup apple juice, 100% juice
*blend until smooth
Add one banana, a bit of fresh peeled ginger, and a tablespoon of ground flaxseed. Add a bit more water if necessary. Find a big straw and enjoy summer-y goodness.

Any other green smoothie fans out there? What's your favorite?

4 comments:

Elise | February 23, 2011 at 10:27 AM

i just bought a big thing of spinach.. and have grape juice and cranberry/raspberry juice in the fridge. think i could do smoething with it? i need to be more healthy.

Jules | July 15, 2011 at 11:46 PM

my favorite is when kale and apple was gone and a brand new Halen post was born. Cause I love what you have to say...

Jules | July 15, 2011 at 11:48 PM

my favorite thing is when there is a comment that doesn't involve kale or apples. I just love what you have to say and I miss it. :)

Jules | July 15, 2011 at 11:49 PM

pick one. I had no idea i published so many. WRITE HALEN!!!