Return from Havasupai




Been in the Grand Canyon? Check.
Played in the Supai waterfalls? Check.
Ate dehydrated food for three days? Check.
Hiked 20 miles with a 30 pound pack? Check. 
Love my friends (and In&Out) all the more? Check. (However Cody was dearly missed, and now is in England until Christmas. Sadness in my heart.)

We spent a few days traveling to the Grand Canyon to hike down into the Havasupai Reservation. The hike wasn't as bad as it could've
been, surprisingly. As intense as I look in this picture, 8 miles later I was praying to be transported. Seriously, every bone in my body had decided to quit and I was having a hard time convincing my mind to keep plodding down the sandy uneven never ending road. The thought of the waterfalls waiting for us at the end of the hike kept me going - and it was worth it! The color of the water was a gorgeous emerald-sapphire color because of the limestone and the views were simply breathtaking. It was a learning experience, as Lance and Lisa were our desert-parents...they know everything! From how much water we'd need to what kind of animals might be sneaking through our camp at night, it was really fun listening to them and their camping experiences. 

I think hiking, or backpacking, might be in our near future here in Utah. We're excited to keep using our equipment and being out in nature. Anyone want to join?

5 comments:

Becky at VintageMixer | June 19, 2009 at 12:34 AM

looks beautiful! I'm glad you made it!!

Jamie | June 19, 2009 at 9:41 AM

I actually REALLY want to join - I grew up hiking, but it has been a long time and have really wanted to get into it again, but I need to get my butt in shape before I do, so until that day comes....

Your trip sound hard, but awesome - thanks for sharing!!

Rebecca | June 19, 2009 at 9:51 AM

Your hike sounds awesome! My only question is what happened to the person who was floating in the pink ring? Seems kind of ominous. (see last pic)

Lindsey | June 28, 2009 at 8:40 AM

I so wish I could join you. Hiking and camping is deep n my bones, but hasn't actualized itself since my girl scout days. I wonder if I'd still make it?!

Kimmie | July 31, 2009 at 11:09 PM

okay, you look adorable in your hat and sun glasses...you look all celebritish.