Lemony Garlicky Shrimpy Pasta Recipe

I don't typically like shrimp, but it was the only protein in my freezer, so tonight we dined on a lemony pasta with shrimp, and Ladd and Asher and I agree - it's a winner! (Also, I stole this image from Albertson's. I was googling images, and there was so many cute blogs that had spent time on their photos, that I didn't want to steal any so....)



imgres.jpg




  • Peeled and deveined frozen shrimp (I probably used about 25 shrimp). Mine were pre-cooked, so I just thawed them out in cold water, then sauteed them for a few minutes. I'm new to cooking with shrimp, so I'm not sure exact cooking times. Wait. I'm never sure about cooking times)
  •  
  • 1/2 package angel hair pasta
  • 1/8 cup unsalted butter
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 4 large garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/3 cup white wine
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • Handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
  • Sprinkle of cayenne, but wished I had red pepper flakes
  • A few shakes of lemon pepper (my favorite!)
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
  • 1 tablespoon lemon zest

Thaw Shrimp.
Make Pasta.
Combine butter and olive oil until melted. Add garlic and saute until golden. 
Add white wine, lemon juice, tomatoes, cayenne, lemon pepper and shrimp. (Cooked shrimp for 2-3 minutes, Uncooked shrimp for 6ish minutes)
Add parsley and lemon zest. 
Drain Pasta
Combine sauce and pasta. 

The parsley looks fresh, the shrimp looks pretty, and it tasted delicious! Enjoy!

0 comments: