Orange Cranberry Scones

Like many food lovers who find inspiration in the world wide web, I am constantly drooling over the pictures and recipes over at 101cookbooks. I saw her recipe for Orange and Oat scones and made them promptly. Typically, I'm a no-knead type of breadmaker, but after the delicious Rosemary Walnut bread I made on Tuesday that was traditionally made (you know, kneading, punching and messy flour face), I think I might balance my love for "Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day" cookbook and true breadmaking...




The scones were beautiful in their conception, not so beautiful in their completion. My lovely KitchenAid mixer made it simple, but seriously they would not cook through. I ended up baking them an additional 15 minutes. I'm sure it was the whipping cream that I poured over them last minute -  oh what wonderful calorie-laden goodness.  Find the recipe here. I chopped up dried cranberries instead of currants, added extra zest and chopped oranges to mine, as well as the fore mentioned whipping cream. (Reminiscent of Kate's glorious ginger scones...now that is a recipe that I need!)

On a Sabbath note, there was a wonderful article by Shane Claiborne in esquire that Tim posted. A good reminder, a good message. Check it out here.

0 comments: